Monday, October 8, 2012

So I decided I should post here more often

It occurs to me, as I take my leave from various forum roleplays in order to focus on other things, and as I wonder who I will unload all my random thoughts and experiences upon, that I have a blog.

I should probably post in it more often.

For those what care:

Most of my fics are not dead, they are sleeping. I will pick them back up at some point when my focus swings back around their way.

'A Case of Identity' is not dead, it is merely on hiatus, as the computer that I do the images on has been taken over by my stepdad and kicking him off of it on a regular basis is just entirely too much work. Case will, however, be continuing sometime in January.

Related to the last point, I am moving to another state sometime in December, for schooling purposes. I'll be visiting the campus on Friday, and for this purpose am hopping a Greyhound on Wednesday.

This will be my first time traveling somewhere entirely unaccompanied. I'm excited. Since my mom remarried I've traveled alone plenty of times, but I've always met someone once I reach my destination -- usually my family, once my girlfriend's family because I was visiting DC with her. This time it'll be about two and a half days alone in an unfamiliar state. I'm a little trepidatious, naturally, but I'm looking forward to the experience.

It's always been on planes, too, so the Greyhound's another first.

Anyway. Also for those what care, I have in the works an intention to set up a Sherlock Holmes Retrospective/Review/Showcase type 'net show, tentatively to be launched sometime after I'm settled in at the new school. My goal is to find and talk about every piece of Holmesiana in existence, in roughly chronological order. Given that Holmes, since his inception, has become one of the most prolific figures in our modern pantheon, I expect I'll have quite a job -- and I intend to have a lot of fun with it. :3

The show is tentatively called 'However Improbable', but that's a tad obvious, so I'm open to suggestions.

In the meantime, I have two new cats I need to see to, and a bunch of preparations I need to do tomorrow.

Cheers!
~Cryptix

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments that are not obviously spam will be authorized, but this way I can read all of them.