Thursday, August 18, 2011

A (So-Far) Comprehensive List of Ships

Just a long and largely-pointless list of the ships that I actively support. I'm of the anybody/everybody school of pairings, and I'll read pretty much anything so long as it's well-written, or write pretty much anything that happens to catch my fancy, but these are the ones that I'm particularly big on.

This will be continually updated as I watch more movies and read more books and whatnot.

Remember: A shipper does not need 'evidence', merely 'incentive'. ;)

Pointless list, ho!



Spock/McCoy (Star Trek TOS. AbramsTrek can suck it.)
Spock/Kirk (ST:TOS)
Kirk/Kor (ST:TOS, Kor is that Klingon from Errand of Mercy. Watch it and tell me you don't feel the HoYay. )
Holmes/Watson (Sherlock Holmes, any incarnation, though I'm particularly partial to the Granada and Russian serieses.)
Holmes/Watson/Lestrade (Sherlock Holmes. I call it Shwatstrade.)
Holmes/Watson/Mary (Sherlock Holmes)
Hopkins/Bradstreet (Sherlock Holmes, specifically the books, pretty much only in my head-canon. I've dubbed it Hopstreet.)
Sean/Nick (The Forsaken)
Professor Fate/Max (The Great Race)
Jeff/Harry (Brigadoon. What? If it wasn't the 40s they totally would have gotten together and saved everyone a lot of trouble.)
Turkish/Tommy (Snatch)
Maverick/Iceman (Top Gun)
Damien/Leïto (District B13)
Jack Crow/Padre Adam (John Carpenter's 'Vampires' )
Nick/Hei (Darker Than Black)
Tick/Arthur (The Tick, mostly the Live-Action)
Sportacus/Robbie (Lazytown. Yes, Lazytown.)
Michael/David (Lost Boys)
Hellboy/John (Hellboy, but only in the fanfics. Not actually seein' it in the movie, oddly enough.)
Abe Sapien (Hellboy. Not any particular pairing. Just... Abe Sapien.)
Max/Jude (Across the Universe.)
Black Prince/Will (A Knight's Tale)
Wild Bill Hickok/Seth Bullock (Deadwood.)
Seth Bullock/Sol Star (Deadwood. To a lesser extent.)
Ardeth/Rick (The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, especially in the latter)
Ardeth/Johnathan (The Mummy/Mummy Returns. To a lesser extent.)
Alek/Jamie (The Betrayed, in one of my rare hetero ships.)
Kaiba/Joey (YuGiOh. "I hate you." "I hate you, too." Fangirls: "OMG TWU LUV".)
Ben Wade/Dan Evans (3:10 to Yuma. OMG SQUEE. )
Ben Wade/Charlie Prince (3:10 to Yuma. Lesser pairing.)
Graverobber/Shilo (Repo: The Genetic Opera. No, I didn't like the movie. I was still pissed when he disappeared halfway through, when I was convinced they were gonna get together. Also notable as another het pairing.)
Bart/Jim (Blazing Saddles)
Rorschach/Nite Owl II (Watchmen, obv.)
Ripley/Dickie (The Talented Mister Ripley. Ooo yes.)
Madmartigan/Airk (Willow)
Nikolai/Kirill (Eastern Promises)
Bill/Ted (Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure)
Stark/Rhodey (Iron Man)
Nada/Frank (John Carpenter's 'They Live' )
Dennis/Tommy (King of New York)
Rosencrantz/Guildenstern (Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead.)
Jai/Aryan (Dhoom 2. I ruined the scene just before and the song Dil Laga Na for my gf by pointing out the rampant HoYay between these two.)
Jai/Ali (Dhoom 1 and 2. I think it's kind of cute but I'm more fond of Jai/villains.)
Jai/Kabir (Dhoom 1, which I watched second. Almost but not quite as cute as Jai/Aryan)
Nicholas/Smike (Nicholas Nickelby. They's adorkable.)
Eames/Arthur (Inception)
Cobb/Saito (Inception)
Victor Frankenstein/Henry Clerval (Frankenstein. As in, the book. I think Victor F.'s a sniveling little weasel, but Clerval is lovely, poor dear.)
Tom Van Allen/Jimmy the Finn (The Salton Sea. WHY IS THERE NO FIC FOR THIS MOVIE.)
Mitch Wozniak/Bill Coles, Jr (Unknown - the 2006 movie. Aka Jean Jacket/Rancher Shirt.)
The Riddler/Two-Face (Batman Forever, the one with Val Kilmer as Bats. I didn't claim it was a *healthy* 'ship...)
Merton/Tommy (Big Wolf on Campus)
Chuck/Terri (Big Wolf on Campus. I call it Cherri. No, they never met in the show. This is sort of like Hopstreet in that it only exists in my head-canon because that's the only place it *could* exist.)
Nick Charles/Gilbert Wynant (The Thin Man, novel version. I have no idea what happened - one minute, Gil was just there being weird, the next minute he was coughing up blood and Nick was being concerned and my fangirl brain was jumping up and down and going SQUEE! to beat the band.)
Joe Morelli/Hunchbacked Pete (The Thin Man, again. More of a platonic 'ship than anything.)
Pvt. Cooper/Sgt. Wells (Dog Soldiers)
Philip Marlowe/Galbraith (Farewell, My Lovely by Raymond Chandler. Marlowe calls him Hemmingway.)
Luke/Caleb (The Skulls)
Billy/Stu (Scream)
Once-Ler/Lorax (The Lorax)
Once-Ler/Norma (The Lorax. The bromance was more pronounced, but still.)
Behmen/Felson (Season of the Witch)
Julian/Danny (The Matador)
The Drifter/Yoshi (Bunraku)
Kaylee/Simon/Jayne (Firefly - in that order of dominance, too. Simon would so top Jayne.)

1 comment:

  1. I just saw "Willow" for the first time and totally fell in love with Airk/Madmartigan. I also always saw Jeff as being in love with Tommy, although I do agree that the village of Brigadoon just gave themselves all so much trouble. Other rare pairings I like are: Rochester/Jack Benny (Jack Benny), Ben Guthrie/Matt Greb (Line-up Radio show), Eddie Walzer/Fitch Cooper (Nurse Jackie), Boston Blackie/Insp. Farraday (Boston Blackie), Joe Friday/Frank Smith (Dragnet - b/4 I learned Smith was married.), Igor/Van Helsing (Dracula:Love Kills), Phil Quinlan/Morris (Benched), Flitwick/Quirrell (Harry Potter), Hagrid/Tom Riddle (Harry Potter), Sam/Rick/Louis (Casablanca), Ernst Defarge/Sydney Carton (Tale of Two Cites '35 version), Curly/Ringo (Stagecoach 1939), Jacques Picot/Marcel (Midnight 1939), Jeeves/Bertie (P.G. Wodehouse), Peter Wimsey/Bunter (Dorothy L Sayers), Peter Wimsey/Charles Parker (Sayers), Bunter/Peter/Charles (Sayers), Mordecai/Jock (Mordecai books - recent movie).

    ReplyDelete

All comments that are not obviously spam will be authorized, but this way I can read all of them.